Yesterday I went to my second Bikram class. The bad news? It’s still really hard. The good news? I only had to skip two poses due to dizziness.
Oh, did I mention that I went to the 6 a.m. class? Well, I did. And, surprisingly, I didn’t run out of energy come 3 p.m., as was typical when I was attending a 6 a.m. spin class.
In fact, I had enough energy left to make kale chips at 11 p.m.
Here’s what I learned:
- I don’t remember what kind of kale I used (it was from our produce box), but I think this might make a difference. The kale wasn’t frilly and leafy, like Kath’s kale.
- Although I usually have to leave baked goods in my oven longer than suggested by the recipe, the same is not true for kale. (Translation: I burned the chips.)
- A little olive oil goes a long way.
- Parmesan was a good idea.
- I don’t know if I like kale chips.
Ok, I’d give them another shot, making sure to only leave them in for 15 minutes, but I’m not convinced yet.